Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Collective Haul And Mini Reviews!

 Hey everybody! I just wanted to show you guys some products that I have recently gotten in the past month or so. I purchased all of these products myself and am not being paid to mention any of them. Now that the disclaimer formality is over let's get right into it!

 Here's a picture of everything side by side:




Milani Multitasker Face Powder:

Price: $5.99
Store: Kmart

 I picked this up because I have heard very good things about it from plenty of YouTube beauty gurus and beauty bloggers. It is said to provide light-medium coverage as the product also claims. I have an NC20 skin tone in MAC so I picked up the shade 02 Light Medium which is the second to lightest shade. Everyone says that it's great for setting your base and for touch-ups throughout the day. I swatched a bit of it on my hand and I could definitely see it being built up to medium coverage easily. I also noticed that it feels incredibly soft and smooth. It's nice and finely milled(which is always a find in the drugstore). I look forward to using this!


Ioni Cosmetics Blush:

Price: $2.50
Store: Fred's Super Dollar(love this store!)

 I had heard Emily(AKA emilynoel83 on YouTube)talking about this in one of her recent videos about great products under $3. She says the quality is comparable to MAC blushes, which I love. I must say that the packaging certainly is similar. I got the shade Emily had mentioned called 'Ecstasy". This is a completely matte coral-orange color that is darker than Benefit's Coralista or Milani's Luminoso and has more of a terracotta undertone. It seems like it would be flattering on any skintone. I am really looking forward to using this because I love blush.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer:

Price: $4.99
Store: Kmart

 I just so happened to stumble upon this one while browsing Kmart's makeup section one day. I was more than a little disappointed to not see the foundation right next to it. Upon contacting Rimmel London directly I was informed that so far they have not made any plans to release the much raved about foundation here in the United States. So that's a shame. But the concealer is pretty nice. They claim it is their first full coverage concealer. I would call it more of a medium buildable coverage as it does set after a minute and can be layered easily. It is marketed as an anti-fatigue concealer that gives a radiant glow(much like the anti-fatigue concealer that had the pink top and was discontinued). They also claim that it is formulated with peptides and a vitamin moisturizing complex. So, in short, it should be perfect for under the eyes. I will have to test it out more to see how good it really is. It has a somewhat fruity smell and comes in only five shades which is sort of a bummer. I have it in the lightest shade 125 Very Fair which starts off looking like an NW15 but quickly oxidizes to an NW20. It nice and peachy to correct any blueish dark circles. Let me know if you'd like a full review of this in the future.


E.L.F Tinted Moisturizer:

Price: $2.99
Store: Kmart

 I picked this up in the shade Porcelain. In the past I had heard many mixed reviews about it and so I decided to try it out for myself and see. It has a neutral tone to it. It's pretty dark and orangey for being the lightest shade they have to offer. But, it seems like a good match for me. I do not expect it to give much coverage. I just want to keep my face nice and hydrated when I go to Florida and add another little kick of SPF. I plan on setting it with a powder that has a bit of coverage just to bump it up a notch. It smells very lightly like sunscreen but it seems like that smell would quickly fade. You get a little less than one ounce and it comes in a convenient squeeze tube. When I put some on the back of my hand it sinks in quickly and offers a very sheer coverage. It is a little bit tacky but watery at first. Not bad for $3.


Pocket Pals Instant Spray Hand Sanitizer:

Price: $2.00
Store: Fred's Super Dollar

 This came in a two pack. I gave one to my husband to keep with him at work and I plan on using the other one to do some funky water marbling nail art. It adds a sort of speckled effect. Should be fun. I was a little disappointed that upon opening it more than half had leaked out because it wasn't twisted shut tightly enough. But, it was cheap and there is enough left to do my nails.


Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara:

Price: $2.99
Store: Walgreens

 Many people on YouTube have raved about how good this is at such an affordable price so I decided to pick one up for myself. I am sad to say this was a major fail for me. This did nothing good for my lashes. My lashes are average length, fine, not very curly, and kind of sparse. This stuck them together and made it look like I only had four sticky, clumpy, crispy lashes. Yeah. Not my favorite. But, worth a try for the price if your lashes are different than mine.

 I hope you all enjoyed my little haul. I love scoping out the drugstores for new products to test out. Let me know if you would like an in depth review of anything or if there's something you want me to try out and review. I hope you all have a lovely day. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...