Thursday, July 11, 2013

Obscure/Less Known Makeup Brands

 Hello again my lovelies! Sorry I haven't posted in a little while. I haven't been feeling well these past few days. Mother nature dropped her monthly "present" on my door step so I've just been really really tired and unable to concentrate without my head aching slightly. But, I'm back! Today I thought we could talk about something a little different. I'm sure you'll agree that there are SO many makeup brands out there whether you shop counters in the department store or aisles in the drugstore.

 But, no matter where you shop you are, no doubt, always on the hunt for that super pigmented concealer that melts into your skin and doesn't budge. Ever searching for the eyeshadow that blends with no effort and has the color payoff of warpaint. Or, maybe you're looking for that face powder that has the perfect amount of coverage, is finely milled, and sets your base for the long haul. Sometimes it's hard to find all of that in a product from the drugstore(though recently they have really been stepping up their game). And, how many of us can afford to try out every product we'd like to at the high-end counters? Today I want to share with you some other alternatives!

 It should come as no surprise that in the ever growing world of makeup products some brands get lost in the mix. But, some of them are really underrated and deserve more props than they appear to receive in the beauty media. So let's get started!

Ben Nye:

 You may remember that recently I posted about where to buy Ben Nye makeup(which can be very confusing). Ben Nye is a stage makeup brand with amazing products. Their concealers are creamy and high coverage. Their eyeshadows are awesome and they come in a very generous size.And they have so many shades of contour/blush creams and powders to choose from. They deserve way more notice than they receive and I highly recommend calling and ordering a catalog from them. It's free and they have some really unique products that you may not be able to find elsewhere(spirit gum, theatrical lashes, waxes, prosthetics, and adhesives and removers of all kinds). Plus they come at pretty affordable prices. Great for personal use or for a makeup freelancing kit.

Inglot:

 Recently this brand has been receiving slightly more attention than usual thanks to a few honorable mentions from some popular YouTube beauty gurus. This brand has such a wide color range and offers what they call a "Freedom System" where basically you choose your packaging, products, and shades and build your own palettes for lipstick, concealer, eyeshadow, blush, and face powder. They also sell lip pencils and lipsticks in tubes as well as other things. But the freedom system can be a bargain. Get only the colors you want or need. Customize it to your own needs with great quality products. One eyeshadow is very big and is only $6 for the pan. They have very creamy lip pencils too.

Kryolan:

 This brand is very similar to Ben Nye in both product range and price point but it is more internationally accessible. For that reason I thought I would mention it as I know more than a few of my readers live in various countries.

 Those were just a few brands I thought I would mention. For more information and to check out more obscure brands of mid-range products and stage makeup check out camerareadycosmetics.com. There are many other brands out there with full coverage cream foundations and concealers that are better than MAC or MUFE(graftobian, RMCA, and those mentioned above). I hope this helps some of you out and helps to broaden your horizons a little. I love trying new products. If you have any recommendations or blog post requests please leave them in the comment section below and follow my blog by e-mail. Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?

    I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers
    and I'm looking at options for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of
    a good platform.

    My web-site ... client management software

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I use Blogger personally. It is very simple to use and compatible with many good add-ons.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...